Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bottom of my valley

Everyone has their ups and downs certain points in their lives. I wouldn't deny being at one of the lowest valley right now and with no one for support. Even for some whom i heavily depend on has left me. Never have i been so low in my life before.

I watched the Pursuit Of Happyness back in Nepal and i could relate to the protagonist. He was sinking into poverty and just when he needed his wife for support most, she left him. Then he has the impossible climb to make by feeding not just himself but also his son. Not just that, he needs to work hard in order to land himself a steady job. Its by his superhuman willpower that he managed to scrape through and finally achieve something significant. Mind you, this was based on a true story!

Thinking back on the movie now, it reminds me of myself. It brings me back to the cold hard reality that makes life what it is. Many times, it's not just laziness that landed me in this state (which some people would like to think). Sometimes, its a series of soul-sickening failures and defeats, missed opportunities, sure things that didn't quite happen, bad luck and bad choices that have gotten me where i am. To some, these factors may just be excuses but for those who haven't been in my shoes, they wouldn't know how much things like bad choices and luck can destroy a person.

People have left me like how the wife left the protagonist. It doesn't feel good at all and it's another effort to pull me right to the bottom of my valley. It has already happened, but now i have a mountain to climb. I'll make sure i pull myself out of this pit. It's never gonna be easy climbing the enormous mountain that i have fallen, but I'll do it




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home